Port Elgin Harbour, renowed as the Harbour of Hospitality. The harbour has evolved into an active marine centre during the boating season to the benefit of local and transient boaters and it has become a great attraction for summer tourists, local and seasonal residents. The Port Elgin Boat Club was started in 1946 by local boaters. The boaters felt there was a need for an organized group to assist one another, promote boating in the Port Elgin area and to improve the docking infrastructure in the Port Elgin Harbour. In the 1990’s, the Club name was changed to the Port Elgin Power & Sail Inc. and operated as the Port Elgin Yacht Club.